Today, I would like to share with you a recipe for creme caramel, which is a very popular dessert in Japan.
Steaming the pudding on the stove top instead of using the oven is very easy to make and gives a soft and rich texture. You can make it while doing other household chores or cooking, since the steaming time is long. Why don’t you surprise your family, delight your guests, and of course, satisfy your stomach.
Watch How to Make Creme Caramel
How to Make Creme Caramel from Anime 86 – Eighty Six
- 3 egg
- 300 ml milk / plant milk
- 60 g sugar A
- 10 g sugar B
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp hot water
To Make Caramel Sauce
- Put a sugar and water in a pan and heat over medium heat. Without stirring, shake the pan to dissolve the sugar and color the entire mixture.
- Turn off the heat when the large bubbles have reduced in size and the color has turned to a dark candy brown.
- Carefully add hot water. Then shake the pan to loosen the caramel. When adding the hot water, be careful not to burn yourself as it will splatter.
- Pour into a pudding mold or heat-resistant cup.
To Make Egg Mixture
- Place the milk and sugar B in a small saucepan over low heat and warm to the point where small bubbles start to float around the edge of the pan (about 60°C). **The sugar prevents the milk protein from coagulating and prevents a film from forming on the surface when it is heated.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat gently. Add the rest of the sugar and mix without whisking.
- Pour in the warmed milk and mix without whisking again.
- Strain the egg mixture through a fine strainer and pour it into a pudding mold or heat-resistant cup.
- Add 2 to 3 cm of water to a covered pot or deep frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Wrap the lid with a kitchen cloth.
- After turning off the heat, place a kitchen cloth on the bottom of the pan and place the pudding mold or cup on it. Be careful not to let water get into the egg mixture.
- Put a lid on the pot.
- Wait 15 minutes without turning on the heat. Slowly heating the egg mixture will give it a smooth texture.
- Turn the heat low for 15 minutes and steam. I used a glass cup that is 8cm (3.15inch) in diameter and 6cm(2.36inch) high. If your cup is smaller than that, you will need to shorten the time on the heat.
- Turn off the heat again and wait 30 minutes. Here is also the same. If your cup is smaller than mine, you will need to shorten the time.
- Shake the glass or stick a bamboo skewer in it to see if the egg mixture has hardened. If it hasn't hardened yet, steam again over low heat for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and wait for 5-10 minutes.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.