Information: How to Make Tiramisu
|PREP TIME: 20 mins
|COOK TIME: 6 hrs
|TOTAL TIME: 6 hrs 20 mins
|SERVINGS: 6 people
- 4 egg
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 150 ml strong coffee / espresso
- 12 ladyfinger
- Brew coffee and let it cool.
- Prepare two bowls and separate them into egg yolks and egg whites. Put the bowl of egg whites in the freezer to chill (it doesn’t matter if it freezes a little).
- Add 2 tbsp of cane sugar to the bowl of egg yolks and mix with a hand mixer until the mixture turns white.
- Add the room temperature mascarpone cheese to the bowl in several times, mixing each time with a hand mixer until there are no lumps.
- Wash the blades of the hand mixer well, and then beat the egg whites to make a meringue. When the egg whites become foamy, add 3 tablespoons of sugar to make a meringue with a horn. (The key is to mix on high speed until the foam starts to form, and then on low speed at the end to make a fine meringue.)
- Add 1/3 of the meringue to the mascarpone cream and mix. Add the rest of the meringue in two parts and mix quickly with a rubber spatula, scooping from the bottom.
- Soak the ladyfingers in the coffee for a few seconds, then place them in a container or bat of your choice
- Pour the cream over the ladyfingers and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.