Today, I’d like to share with you how to make Soufflé Pancakes from “Your Name.” Soufflé pancakes are made by adding meringue made from egg whites and sugar to the batter, which gives the pancakes a fluffy texture. With a little extra work, the pancakes can be transformed into a different texture.
In this scene, Mitsuha is switching places with Taki, and with Taki’s pocket money, she eats all kinds of food that she has never eaten before.
The pancakes in the film are three slightly thick pancakes with various tropical fruits and an ice cream on the top right. I chose fresh pineapple, mango, raspberry, and blueberry for the toppings.
How to Make Soufflé Pancakes from “Your Name.”
- 1 egg M size
- 10 g granulated sugar
- 15 g all purpose flour
- 1 g baking powder
- 10 ml milk / plant-based milk
- vanilla ice cream
- maple syrup
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Chill the egg whites in the freezer.
- Add the milk to the egg yolks, sift in the flour and baking powder. Then mix well.
- Take the egg whites from the freezer and lightly beat them with a hand mixer.
- Add the granulated sugar and beat them until stiff peaks form. The key is to beat it at high speed at first and then at low speed at the end to get the fine texture.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk batter and mix well.
- Add the rest of the meringue and fold gently. It's okay if there are a few lumps of meringue left.
- Heat a frying pan and coat with butter or vegetable oil of your choice.
- Using a small ladle, place the dough on the pan. Cook over low heat. If you make a mold with a parchment paper, you can make beautiful circular pancakes.
- Add 1 tbsp water, cover with a lid and steam over low heat.
- When the top of the dough becomes lightly firm and does not stick to the spatula, turn it over.
- Add 1 tbsp of water again, cover with a lid and steam.
- Touch the sides of the dough with a spatula, and if the dough is firm, place it on a plate (if you made a mold out of parchment paper, remove the mold at this point). Don't burn yourself!
- Top with raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango (or peach), ice cream, butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar as your choice.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.