Today, I’d like to share with you how to make yakisoba, stir fried noodles from Beastars Season1 Episode11.
Yakisoba is a classic Japanese dish of stir-fried pork, vegetables and noodles seasoned with sweet and savory sauce. Generally, it contains meat, but since vegetarian dishes are served on Beastars, I have made this recipe without meat.
Watch How to Make Yakisoba
Click here to watch on YouTube Channel
Where to Eat in Japan
Yakisoba is a common menu item in home cooking and restaurants in Japan. It is sold at various places such as street stalls, school festivals, and rest areas on highways.
In other countries, when you get hungry, it is common to get off the highway and look for a restaurant. Therefore, there are many people who cannot imagine eating yakisoba at a rest area on a highway. Since highways in Japan charge a toll, rest areas are set up on the highway. There are restaurants, souvenir shops, stalls, etc., and many people stop by for this purpose.
In addition, pre-cooked yakisoba, which can be heated up in a microwave and eaten immediately, is widely sold in the prepared food and bento sections of supermarkets and convenience stores.
Where To Get Yakisoba Noodles & Yakisoba Sauce
You can buy yakisoba noodles at Japanese and Asian supermarkets overseas. Look for the chilled section or the room temperature food section. Some come with the sauce already included, while others may be sold with just the noodles.
You can probably buy yakisoba sauce at Japanese or Asian supermarkets as well. (You can also find it on Amazon) If your yakisoba does not come with the sauce, you can buy the yakisoba sauce by itself. Of course, you can also make your own. (Recipe is below)
How to Make Fried Noodles from BEASTARS
- 2 servings yakisoba noodles and included sources
- 2 cabbage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced 1/2 medium onion
- 2 eggs
Homemade Yakisoba Sauce
- 2 tbsp Japanese sake / white wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- a little salt
- a little freshly ground black pepper
To Make Yakisoba Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients well.
To Stir Fry Yakisoba
- Cut cabbage into roughly chop, carrots into shreds, and onions into thin slices.
- Pre-warm the noodles in boiling water to soften them. You can leave them in the bag or take them out of the bag. If you take the noodles out of the bag and heat them up, the oil and acidity on the noodles will be removed and the smell will be reduced.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the vegetables.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the softened noodles. If the noodles are sticking together, add about 1-2 tablespoons of hot water to loosen them.
- Once well fried, add the sauce that comes with noodles, or the sauce from the recipe listed above.
To Make Sunny Side Up Eggs
- Get your frying pan on a medium to low heat and add 2 tsp of vegetable oil. Crack eggs into it and cook uncovered. Turn off the heat when the whites are set and the yolks are half-cooked.
- Place the fried noodles on a plate and top with a half-cooked fried egg.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.