Today, I’d like to share with you how to make Taiyaki from “BORUTO.”
Taiyaki is a fish-shaped pancake that is often sold as a street food in Japan. They are baked in the shape of a sea bream, which is also the origin of the name “Tai-yaki”. Tai means sea bream and yaki means bake in English.
What’s inside in Taiyaki?
A typical taiyaki is filled with sweet bean paste. The two most popular types are tsubu-an (mashed sweet bean paste) and koshi-an(smooth sweet bean paste), but custard cream, chocolate custard cream, cheese, and green tea cream are also popular. Some stores also have sausage or bacon in them.
In BORUTO, tsubu-an, koshi-an, chocolate cream, custard cream, and cheese were mentioned. It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to make the read bean paste, so I used a store-bought one this time. I’ll show you how to make it in another post.
Today, I will share recipes for custard cream and chocolate custard cream.
How to Make TAIYAKI fish-shaped cake with 5 different fillings from BORUTO
- Taiyaki Pan
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 egg
- 75 ml milk / plant based milk
- 75 ml water
- 20 g cane sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- t tsp vegetable oil
Custard & Chocolate Custard
- 3 egg york
- 50 g cane sugar
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- 30 g all purpose flour
- 400 ml milk / plant-based milk
- 20 g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (non sugar)
Red Bean Paste
- Tsubu-an (mashed sweet bean paste) I used canned Tsubu-an
- koshi-an (smooth sweet bean paste) I used packed Koshi-an
- cheese sticks
To make batter
- Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl and stir gently with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, milk, sugar and salt
- Sift the flour into the egg mixture and mix with a whisk to lightly mash it. It is okay if there are a few lumps. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add vegetable oil, mix lightly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
To make custard
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl and whisk until whitened.
- Sift in the flour and mix gently.
- Add the warmed milk just before boiling, a little at a time, mixing well.
- If you want to make two kinds of cream, divide the egg mixture in half to make custard and the other half to make chocolate cream. **For the chocolate cream: Add pre-melted milk chocolate and cacao powder into the egg mixture.
- Mix constantly with a wooden spatula to thicken and make a smooth cream.
- When bubbles start to appear, keep mixing a little more. When the surface starts to look shiny, remove from heat.
To cook in a Taiyaki pan
- Place the taiyaki pan on the gas stove and heat it over low heat.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the pan, coat it with vegetable oil.
- Put about 1.5 tablespoons of batter on one side of the taiyaki pan and spread it all over with a spoon.
- After placing the fillings of your choice, add about 1.5 tablespoons of batter on top to cover the fillings.
- Check the dough with a bamboo skewer to see if it is lightly brown, then cover it and turn it over to cook the other side.
- After 4 minutes of cooking, check to make sure both sides are well browned.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.