Today I would like to share with you a recipe for a rich texture matcha milk pudding that can be made by simply mixing and chilling.
The amount of gelatin is kept to a minimum so it has a melt-in-your-mouth texture. The instruction is very simple and easy to try, even for those who are not good at making sweets. I hope you will give it a try!!
Before I talk about how to make it, let’s start with some notes and points.
Can I make it with something other than milk and fresh cream?
Of course, but you need to aware that it won’t be rich and creamy texture. You can have oats milk or soy milk substituted.
Can I use matcha powder for matcha latte?
Matcha for lattes can be used as long as it does not contain any sugar. If you only have matcha powder with sugar, reduce the amount of sugar slightly from the recipe.
Is the grade of matcha important for matcha milk pudding?
If you can get a culinary grade one, that would be great, but if not, you can use the drinkable one.
How to Make Matcha Pudding with Rich Texture
- 200 ml milk
- 200 ml fresh cream (animal-based) I use 32% fat
- 50 g cane sugar
- 8 g matcha powder
- 6 g gelatin sheet
- Prepare ice water and add gelatin sheets to soften them.
- Place the milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Stir slowly with a whisk while continuing to heat until just before boiling. Be careful not to whisk too much so as not to make lots of bubbles.
- Remove from the heat, add the drained and squeezed gelatin, and mix gently.
- Put about 3 tablespoons of warmed liquid and matcha powder in a small bowl and mix well with a small whisk or chasen.
- Pour the dissolved matcha liquid into the pan, while straining it through a strainer.
- Transfer to a pudding container, while straining again.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with a whipped cream and matcha powder, if you like.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.