Today, I’d like to share with you how to make Japanese chicken curry from Restaurant to Another World Episode7.
Japanese style curry is generally made with a variety of vegetables and meats along with sauces. However, the chicken curry in this animation features ingredients other than chicken that have melted away. This time I’m going to make a very simple chicken curry with onions and chicken for a deep flavor.
I have to apologize for one thing. In the anime, they used skinless chicken, but I used chicken with skin in the video. Sorry!
Easy recipe for Homemade Curry Roux from Scratch
In Japanese families, curry sauce is usually made using instant curry roux in block or powder form, which contains curry powder, flour, oil, and various seasonings. Due to the ease of preparation and the wide variety and availability of instant curry mixes, curry rice is very easy to make and is gaining popularity compared to other Japanese dishes. However, instant curry roux is surprisingly expensive overseas, so I have developed the homemade curry roux recipe over the years!
This link will take you to a recipe for “Easy to Make Homemade Japanese Curry Roux.”
You can make the roux while the curry ingredients are simmering.
There are many types of curry, such as curry with pork cutlet on top of curry rice, or soup curry in the form of a soup without thickening.
How to Cook Spicy Chicken Curry from Restaurant to Another World
To Prepare the Ingredients
- Slice the onions thinly.
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and cut into bite-sized pieces.
To Cook the Curry
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onions until they are caramelized.
- Add the chicken thigh and sauté lightly.
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Skim the foam from the surface.
- Simmer over low heat for 10minutes.
- (You can make curry roux from scratch while simmering. Scroll up to see the recipe.)
To Add the Curry Roux
- Add the pre-cooked curry roux powder (store-bought roux is also available) and cayenne pepper to the pot.
- Stir slowly over low heat until melted.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add 1-2 tablespoons of curry roux if you find it missing something.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.