Today, I’d like to share with you how to make Japanese egg sandwich from Beastars Season1 Episode7. Japanese egg sandwich is one of the very popular sandwiches in Japan. Typically, a boiled egg is mashed and mixed with mayonnaise and placed on fluffy bread. (Cucumber and lettuce are sometimes added together).
It is popular as a menu item for bentos made at home, and can also be purchased at convenience stores and supermarkets. This menu is an important part of the Japanese food culture.
Egg sandwiches are often seen in Japanese anime like as well.
A characteristic of Japanese egg sandwiches is that they have a melt-in-your-mouth texture. Here are some tips on how to make a soft-textured egg sandwich.
Be careful with your bread choices for Japanese egg sandwich
Japanese bread is extremely soft. I have lived in the U.S. and Germany, but it is really hard to find Japanese style fluffy bread. In Germany, I think SAMMY’S SUPER SANDWICH – DAS ORIGINAL is most suitable.
If you make the wrong choice, you will not get a melt-in-your-mouth sandwich, so be careful!!
Keep the texture of the egg
I recommend using soft bread, so the egg can retain its texture to make it more satisfying to eat. The key is not to make both the whites and yolks too fine. I recommend tearing the whites by fingers so that you can enjoy the plump texture.
Use Japanese mayonnaise if you can
If you’ve ever tried Japanese mayonnaise, you’ll know exactly what I mean, but it’s a completely different flavor from the mayonnaise you find overseas.
It is sold at Asian supermarkets, so if you can buy it, try it. By the way, I don’t usually use Japanese mayonnaise. In Germany, the tube type mayonnaise tastes more like Japanese ones.
How to Make Japanese Egg Sandwich from Beastars S1 E7
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise Japanese mayo is better
- 4 pinches salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- dried parsley as you like
- 6 slices Japanese sandwich bread
- Japanese mustard as you like
- Bring water to a boil, add eggs to the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Chill in cold or ice water and then remove the shell.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and tear the whites with your fingers into a bowl. Be careful not to make it too fine.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parsley and mix well, mashing the yolk with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Spread butter and Japanese mustard to taste on bread.
- Place the egg salad on a piece of bread and cover it with another piece of bread. Then lightly press down.
- Cut off the crusts of the bread and cut into bite-size pieces.
This article is written by ninjarecipe.net. All contents and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without permission. If you would like to share this article on your site, please re-write it and link to this post as the original source. Thank you for understanding.